Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Rush (1971-Present)

Most definetly my favorite trio group. This Canadian band never ceases to amaze me since my childhood. That's right, I grew up listening to Rush. It astounds me that only three musicians can produce such a powerful sound. Mix Canadian's greatest drummer, a multitasking Bassist and a master guitarist, and you have the most popular progressive rock band in the world. They constantly changed their style, but still managed to stay on the right track. They started off as a hard rock band. Playing songs like "Working Man". Suddenly, they completely changed their style to this hybrid between modern and progressive music that still contained that style that some listeners loved.


As a fan, I'll admit that I enjoy their hybrid era a lot more than their poetic stuff. Albums like "2112" and "Moving Pictures" really enjoyable albums for me. And my favorite song of theirs is a song called "Limelight" that I really enjoyed growing up. Ever since my dad put on this track I have always admired this song.

Members:

-Geddy Lee: Remember when I mentioned a multitasking bassist earlier in this blog? Well, that's Geddy Lee. And I wasn't exagerrating when I said multitasking. This man can play a bass like ringing a bell, sing like there's no tomorrow, and play the keyboards with his feet. Yep.... I said it...play the keyboards with his feet! He truly is a fantastic artist that is uncomparable to artists like today.
-Alex Lifeson: Alex can play the most superb solos without even trying. His skills on the six stringed instrument is unmatched compared to other rock guitarists. I give him credit for starting the group and actually staying in it and giving it his all. I have much repsect for this musician because he's one of the first guitarists I've ever truly listened to.

-Neil Peart: What can I say? He's the world's greatest drummer. This percussionist has to be the most precise and outrageously amazing drummer that has ever performed. He's so good, that he tries other artist's "styles" for sport. I definetly would not want to go toe-to-toe with this man in a drum-off. He breaks through all the barriers when it comes to technique. He's rock and roll's Buddy Rich.
To conclude, Rush is an astounding band. This band really molded me as a music-lover. I will never forget how great of a band this is. I aspire my band to be as great as theirs one day.

Rate:



9 Subdivisions out of 10



































3 comments:

  1. Great blog post, i agree that rush is defenatly one of the greates bands out there especially since getty sings plays bass and piano at the same time and rights all the bands songs, with that youve got one of the most talented bands ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this band before but from the video I think they are a pretty good band. Good job on these blog I know way more about a band now then I knew before. All I knew is the name now that I read it all I know more awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I had to search up if Geddy Lee actually played the keyboard with his feet and to my amazement he does. Second your farther did something that my did too but it wasn't Rush's Limelight, it was ACDC Hells Bells. Finally, I see what you did with the 9 subdivisions out of ten.

    ReplyDelete