Monday, January 18, 2016

The Who (1964-Present)

Most famous for their 1969 album "Tommy", The Who is one of the most innovate music-makers of the 20th century. This group is really powerful when it comes to business in the music industry. Daltrey, Townshend, Entwhistle and Moon are very long lasting performers as well. I see great potential in them and their music. They remind me of the british invasion. If someone ever mentions The united kingdom in over the 70's, I immediately think of The Who. They produced such a unique sound. But I personally prefer their live performances, because the studio versions of their songs I find too "clean". I see no roughness that they are known for. They're known for being the dirtiest, harsh group in their time, But in their studio albums such as Quadrophenia. They don't seem like it.

As a group that still performs today, I'm really astounded they came this far. After losing Keith Moon and John Enwistle, the remaining members stuck together and never stopped performing. It's a very rare thing that happens nowadays. Even in death, the artists legacy live on with the one's surviving.

A favorite song of mine is "Teenage Wasteland" or "Baba O'riley". It is greatly composed for a group like this. It isn't too slow for them, yet it isn't too fast for them. I think of this song whenever somebody mentions The Who.

Members:

-Roger Daltrey: as powerful of a sound he emmits, he's more of a performer than a singer. He's the person to make the show. He's an amazing frontman. And a great composer along with his co-writer, Pete.

 -Pete Townshend: One of the very first "thrash" guitarists. Mostly known for his innovative ways to make difference noises with his guitar.I found him always creative in that sense. In a way I feel kind of bad for him. He can write the greatest lyrics but can't sing them. Tha's the reason why his solo career did'nt take off as much as Daltrey. All in all, he produces new and unique sounds with every album, and he's by far the brains of the group.

- John Entwistle: I enjoy a song with a powerful bassline. And John gives one hundred per cent of it. Entwistle HAS to be one of my favorite bassists of the british invasion. His style is so equal to the rest of the instruments. It fits perfectly. It's a shame he left us.
-Keith Moon: Keith is definetly on my top 5 list of drummers who I am inspired by. He was a powerhouse on the kit. when I first heard his solos on some tracks it blew my mind. Drumming in his style, I'm proud to say that Moon is my favorite member of The Who. Like I said, even in death the band's legacy lives on with him. Had he survived, he would have done A LOT for the group. 

Altogether, I don't mind The Who. Their music is very uplifting and very pleasant. They are one of the very first hard core rock and roll bands to ever exist. and they were even rivals with The Beatles record selling-wise. They are a boisterous group with amzing potential.

Rate:



7 Blue Eyes out of 10













4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about "The who" I really enjoy knowing about bands that existed few years ago. I would want to know why the eyes pictures. Its scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, personnaly ive never listened to any of the bands music but i hear that there really good, so mayby i will try out there music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard about them I never even heard the name of this band. I really like how you put all the information about the it really helped me and most likely other people to. good job on this blog I like it and good music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devin, I swear to God your blogs are very amazing and touchy, you they always say''no matter how hard life is, dont just give up easily'' like this band you are talking about gives me strength and courage I want to be like these people

    ReplyDelete